2005-03-29

Internet access

Finally.

I have been trying to sort out the details of this new place. It is a temporary solution to a problem thrust into my lap. Bell South .net have been dickheadz but have finally gotten me online. Had to buy a new modem cause I suppose they didn't like Verizon's modem. At least We have a high speed connection. Have been also struggling with Dish Network for the past couple of weeks and finally got that up and running.

Loads of Bugs in the South and a very different place. Filled with nice people but also some rednecks as well. Not saying that rednecks can't be nice people, but just saying that there are loads of both nice people and rednecks.

The weather is nice and the Cost of living is cut more than 3/4ths, will try and find a job that I enjoy. The best thing is that when we arrived there was NO SNOW on the ground, unlike when we pulled away from Boston. We got shafted by Penske cause the dicks charged us $1544 for a damn rental truck -that got about 3 mpg (although new and way better than Uhaul's offer of $2100)

Purchased packing material and boxes from Uhaul though for about $350 and so we are going to keep those and use them on our next move. (should be soon)

Love the area though. A much slower pace than Boston. I already miss Iced Coffee and good eats.

I am happy to have internet back.

No comments: