No internet until TUE.
DSL modem crapped out, getting a new one from AT&T delivered for TUE.
All going well I will be back then. I am using another connection for today only.
I was driving around today and saw some black smoke. I drove down the road to find that it was blocked. There - on the overpass, a fatal accident happened today. Read Channel 5's story here.
Repost (in case they kill the link in the future)
HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn.- A tanker truck and dump truck collided Wednesday afternoon on Vietnam Veterans Boulevard, killing one person and closing the roadway in both directions.
The massive truck fire happened around 12:30 p.m. on State Route 386 or Vietnam Veterans Boulevard at the Stop Thirty overpass, which is located between Indian Lake Boulevard and Saundersville Road, according to the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Several people called and emailed NewsChannel 5 to say they saw a huge fire. Black smoke was visible from surrounding TDOT cameras.
"It was the blackest smoke you ever saw in your life," Cathy Flowers, who lives in the area.
Deep, dark clouds filled the sky after the explosive crash on Vietnam Veterans Boulevard.
"Instead of getting better it kept getting worse and worse," said Wanda McKinney.
It took firefighters several hours to get the flames under control.
One of the drivers died in the crash. The other was sent to Sumner Regional Medical Center.
Authorities said it appeared that the tractor trailer hit the dump truck from the rear. There was no spillage, but authorities were concerned because the tractor trailer carried a flammable liquid.
According to Cumberland Electric Membership Corp., 772 households were without power Wednesday afternoon due to down power lines caused by the collision.
Vietnam Veterans Boulevard was closed in both directions, and officials suggested that motorists take alternate routes including U.S. 31E or Gallatin Road or SR 174 also known as Long Hollow Pike.
TDOT reopened westbound lanes of Vietnam Veterans Boulevard around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Several TDOT HELP trucks were on the scene to assistance with traffic control and to provide assistance to motorists. TDOT bridge inspection crews inspected the overpass to determine if it was safe because flames scorched the Stop Thirty overpass. Traffic was allowed to move again beneath the bridge on Vietnam Veterans Boulevard.
Eastbound lanes on Vietnam Veterans Boulevard between New Shackle Island Road and U.S. 31E remained closed.
Motorists are urged to use either U.S. 31E, which is also known as Gallatin Road, or Long Hollow Pike as alternates.
TDOT said the heat from the fire damaged asphalt on the eastbound lanes underneath the Stop Thirty overpass.
Maintenance crews will be working Wednesday night to repave that section of the road.
TDOT said that the Stop Thirty overpass will be closed indefinitely and motorists should use Calendar Lane or New Shacke Island Road to cross Vietnam Veterans Boulevard.
Both vehicles were destroyed. As of Wednesday evening, investigators did not say whether charges would be filed.
This is one of the most under viewed photos I have on flickr. Unfortunate for the reflection of the dashboard, but I was driving at 74 mph so it was hard to stick my hand out the passenger window (never done that, just a joke)
Expanse of NOTHING in Arkansas just on the other side of the Mississippi River.
At popculturemadness Check top songs of the year you turn 18. For me, thats 1993.
Describe a nostalgia about some of the songs. OK thats not to hard I still own some of them in my music library today.
(So this doesnt become a Chinese whisper thing, I will copy verbatim the rules from Al's blog.)
1. Go to http://www.popculturemadness.com/
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the song’s of the year
4. Write something about how the song affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends.
OK now with the list... I wont post all 75 songs, but some notable ones.
1. What Is Love - Haddaway Well I think this one really did nothing for me. Typical pop top 40 BS. Catchy tune.
2. Come Baby Come - K7 More pop top 40 BS. Of no interest to me, Do I remember it? Unfortunately yes.
3. Hero - Mariah Carey - I remember buying this CD (yes laugh now) because of the release single, (dreamlover - or whatnot) As I was at the time leaving my pop-kid status. This is the sort of thing played on MTV and VH1 and also played at High School Dances. Hearing this (only in my mind now) immediately takes me back to my Senior year in High school, running in Cross country races.
6. Can't Help Falling In Love - UB40 Timeless track. From Elvis to UB40. I love this track. UB40 put a really excellent take on it. Hearing this reminds me of having to walk to my job. And looking back on it now, I am glad I had to. All of the cool kids drove everywhere. Walking each and every day made me a better person.
7. Dreamlover - Mariah Carey Ahh yes here it is. High school dance anyone?
9. Nuthin' But A "G" Thang - Dr. Dre Most people who were too young at the time try to hearken back to an age in hip hop of the birth of Gangsta ass rap. I was old enough to remember this clearly. Yes I listened to N.W.A., Ice Cube, et al. But this song brought Gangsta ass rap into the mainstream, all with the thanks of MTV. Also networks like "The box". So to every person under the age of 25 who says they loved this song and talk about it being "Old skool" needs to Bacdafucup. :)
16. Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature I remember going for my driving education it was summer 1991 and by then Naughty by nature had already had success with their debut album. There was a girl taking the course with me and she was a huge fan and told me about the album (19naughty 3) or something. The album had not come out though. I think she may have been privy to some inside shit, I shrugged it off. The most memorable part of that course was being stuffed into the back seat of a cheap ass Ford Tempo, 4 kids and an instructor in the car. And she was riding in the middle, I was riding in the back next to her. We drove around for hours, and I was really glad to be done with it.
29. Whoot, There It Is - 95 South Please God, make it stop!
52. Slam - Onyx - Speaking of Bacdafucup :)
51. Informer - Snow Holy Christ nooooooo! There was this friend of mine who used to play the shit out of this song, and we would be rollin in his Maxima hauling ass, and this song would be playing on repeat. And I wanted it to end, after the second play.
57. Runaway Train - Soul Asylum My parents haad bought me a portable CD player for my 18th birthday along with this Single CD. It was the first CD I ever owned.
56. Creep - Radiohead -Classic Timeless
And really I dont know who else to pass this on to. I am sorry but I dont think Isherwood or Jason would appreciate it.
Well I had hoped I could add a photo of today, but I have failed to transfer the photos to the PC and upload them.
So I think I can just add an old photo. I have been writing less and photo blogging more - I think it is because of the lack of time. I suppose, I could blog during my lunch -rather than reading TIME magazine.
Well browsing through the old photos, in the first folder I came across I found a photo of me in Portage, Alaska in July 1997. Notice the 1995 Air Max running shoes.