2006-06-29

Turn Back the clock



It is hard to believe it has been son long since they took this photo. (Can you find me?) I weighed about 150 and looked like I was 15. When this photo was taken it was probably about 99 degrees F. I had started Basic Training on 17th June 1994, so I was still fairly fresh into it when they took it. And yet look closely (enlarges to full size upon clicking) I have the biggest of grins on. Those years seem so untouchable. A hazy mist surrounds each and every memory. I don't remember but a few of these guys' names. Some memories are vivid. And some are just completely gone from my mind. I would like to think its the good memories that have stayed. But I never can be sure.
I comb through my music collection to bring me back to those days. Soundgarden's Superunknown album. Morrissey's Vauxhall and I. Veruca Salt's American Thighs album.

Columbia, SC in the summer of 1994. There can never be another time nor place. Only in my mind I suppose. It is fused with Augusta, GA in the fall of 1994 to the spring of 1995. Junction City, KS in the summer of 1995 too.

No comments: