2008-05-28

Jesus : Breaking up families since ... well, Jesus

Hat tip : Thaddeus

Most people don't realize the huge risk we are taking as atheists who have decided to "come out" to our family members. I myself haven't really "come out" to my parents or grandparents - but I have experienced a semi-fall out after revealing atheism.

This is so hard and who would have thought that that wonderful "good book" the bible would have anything to say on the matter?

Thaddeus pointed out something to me and I think this is worth a reiteration here.

Matthew, Chapter 10

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.


Straight from the man's lips himself. (Or so we are told -if its in the bible it must be true) Yep thats him -gentle Jesus meek and mild.

No comments: